POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture: Canvas (slightly Transluscent) : Texture: Canvas (slightly Transluscent) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Texture: Canvas (slightly Transluscent)
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 19 Feb 2008 04:41:17
Message: <47baa43d$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

who can consult me? I want to create a scene named "The Magnificent men in
their Flying Machines", which contains a number of wicked airplanes and
want-to-be-airplanes. Most of them have canvas over the wooden framework.

While I have already a graphic file I can use for the canvas texture, I am
still in need of some consulting: the cancvas you get to see on vintage
airplanes is slightly transluscent, means, if you see such an airplane in
the air and you're below it, through the sunlight you can get an idea of the
wooden framework below the canvas. I need your advices how best to achieve
such an effect. To make it even a bit more difficult, the canvas seems to
blur the edges of the wooden framwork below it, in its slightly transluscent
effect. How to achieve that little blur effect?

Thanks,

Sven